Thursday, March 19, 2015

Moving Through the Coaching Profession hosted by SMU DC Van Malone

I thought that last night was a great opportunity to learn from a D1 coach about moving through the coaching profession.  His perspective on what it takes to work through the ranks as a coach the right way was informative and helped me feel reassured about how I have gone through my career.  I hope it did the same for you.  Some of us may have the desire to pursue life as a college coach, and some of us do not.  No matter your career goals, last night's discussion touched on the methods and characteristics of how a coach should go about pursuing their career and being committed to your current program at the same time.  

I also hope you enjoyed having a fresh coach providing the discussion.  It is important as a learner to look for outside sources to drive our education.  It was refreshing for me and I will continue to look for coaches who would be willing to host in the future.  Please let me know your opinion on last night and how you think the chat is going.  


No comments:

Post a Comment